Friday, April 16, 2010

Polyphasic Sleep, Day Two

I have already encountered a hitch in my polyphasic sleep plans.  It was, in my opinion, the largest hurdle there is when it comes to adopting this lifestyle, namely social pressure.  My wife was upset that I would basically be spending no time sleeping in bed at night, and asked me to not do the Uberman schedule that is based entirely on naps with no core.

As I mentioned earlier, I had previously done the so-called "Everyman" schedule that is a core of sleep with three or four naps.  I proposed going back to this cycle, and my wife was supportive, so I am changing gears and will be documenting my progress with this plan.

I will be sleeping from approximately 1-4am every day.  Naps will be as needed, but are loosely planned for 9am, 2-3pm, and 7-9pm.  When I did this plan before, I found that I had a decent amount of flexibility in my nap schedule, so I think I should be fine with this plan.  My workplace has an empty office right next to me.  I have a pillow stored in a cabinet there, so when nap time hits I can go in, lock the door, close the blinds, and rack out on the desk.

No comments:

Post a Comment